Online vs. the Real World

On the internet, people can hide behind usernames that most cannot do in real life, causing people to act differently online than they would in home communities.  However, my real life personality is very related to my online personality.  In real life, I act considerately, calmly, and sometime like to say a few jokes (if they are funny or not).  When in a conversation, I tend to make either understanding comments about the topic, or try to make a few laughs among my friends.  Online, I while act the same way.  Furthermore, I act differently depending on the situation.  Sometimes when I play a ridiculous and sporadic game online or enjoy a jovial moment with my peers, I am more excited and impulsive.  In strategic games, I plan practically and thoughtfully.  In addition, I usually am unbiased and reasonable in both societies.  When I am presented with a controversial discussion, I enjoy to consider all of the factors and influences at hand.  My considerable side happens online more frequently than in real life.  To conclude, I act very similar online and in real life instead of shielding myself behind a username and changing my personality completely.

One thought on “Online vs. the Real World